- Abbreviation of alternating current. electric current which alternates at regular intervals. Its direction is reversed 60 times per second in North America and 50 times most elsewhere, that is, 60 and 50 Hz respectively. Every cycle the current starts at zero, peaks, returns to zero, reaches the maximum in the opposite direction, goes back to zero, and so on. The average current during any complete cycle is zero.
- Pertaining to, or utilizing AC (1).
- chemical symbol for actinium (written as Ac)
- abbreviation for abcoulomb (written as aC)
- The unit of electrical quantity in the cgs system. There are 10 coulombs in an abcoulomb. Its abbreviation is aC.
Not what you were looking for?