- noun a machine which changes the velocity of an object and so increases its kinetic energy
- noun a substance which changes the speed at which a chemical reaction takes place
- A device which causes the acceleration of something.
- In computers, a hardware device which accelerates and/or enhances the performance of a system or subsystem.
- A device, such as a linac or cyclotron, in which charged particles are greatly accelerated to achieve high energies. Also called particle accelerator, or high-energy particle accelerator.
- synonym accelerating electrode
Not what you were looking for?