- A phenomenon that occurs when the acoustic (sound) waves produced by speakers interact with an input transducer such as a microphone or phonographic cartridge. If the feedback exceeds a certain amount, any of various undesired effects may occur, such as howling, whistling, motorboating, or excessive cone movement. Also, the sound heard as a consequence of this. Also known as acoustic regeneration, acoustic howl, acoustic resonance (2), audio frequency feedback, audio feedback, sound feedback, or howl (1).
- synonym acoustic howl
- synonym acoustic regeneration
- synonym acoustic resonance
- synonym audio feedback
- synonym audio-frequency feedback
- Intensification of acoustic (sound) waves at certain frequencies due to resonance. Also called resonance (5).
Not what you were looking for?