- noun a state in which two sides are equal or in proportion
- noun a device for weighing, made with springs or weights
- verb to plan something so that two parts are equal or in proportion
- verb to provide an opposite and equal weight, force or importance to something else
- A state of equilibrium reached through the equating of the forces which counter each other.
- The equalization or symmetry between one or more variables among circuits, components, devices, systems, networks, or ground. For instance, the balancing of component values in order to null a bridge.
- In an aircraft, an equilibrium attained which produces a steady flight. May also refer to equilibrium with reference to a specific axis.
- A device or instrument which serves to make accurate indications of weight. A microbalance, for instance, can provide readings in the picogram range.
Not what you were looking for?