- The frequency spread of a signal in any part of the electromagnetic spectrum, expressed in units such as hertz, either as observed in nature or as transmitted by a piece of equipment like a cable, an antenna or a length of optical fibre
- An interval of frequencies which is utilized for any given purpose, such as that assigned to a TV transmitter.
- The difference between the upper and lower frequencies of a continuous frequency band, in which performance falls within certain limits with respect to a given characteristic.
- The interval of frequencies between which a device can produce a given proportion of its maximum output. Usually calculated at 50% or 90% of full power. Also called bandpass (1).
- The data transmission capacity of a communications channel, system, network, or medium. May be expressed, for instance, in bits, bytes, or cycles per second.
- A fraction of bandwidth (4) which is utilized for any given purpose.
- acronym BW
- synonym bandpass
- A band of frequencies which is passed with little or no attenuation, while all others are highly attenuated.
Not what you were looking for?