- noun a long straight solid piece of material, usually metal
- noun a long bank of sand submerged at high tide at the entrance to a harbour, river or bay
- verb to stop someone from doing something
- Unit of pressure, approximately equal to the pressure of the Earth’s atmosphere at sea level
- A unit of pressure equal to 100 kilopascals, 106 dynes per square centimeter, or about 750.062 torr. It is a bit below the average atmospheric pressure at sea level, which is about 1.013 bar. Its symbol is b.
- A solid piece of a material, such as metal or crystal, which is usually much longer than it is wide.
- A vertical or horizontal stripe, band, or line which is much longer than it is wide. For example, those produced by a bar generator.
- symbol b
Not what you were looking for?