- A voltage, current, capacitance, or other input which is applied to a component or device to establish a reference level for its operation. For instance, the voltage applied to the control electrode of a transistor to set its operating point
- A systematic deviation from an established point of reference.
- In magnetic tape recording, a current that is applied to the audio signal to be recorded, in order to optimize performance during playback. This current varies depending on the tape type. Also called bias current (2), or magnetic bias (2).
- In a tape deck, a circuit, which depending on the tape type, sets the bias (1) for optimal playback.
- The force applied to a relay to hold it in a given position.
Not what you were looking for?