- The linking of atoms by bonds of electrons which gives rise to chemical compounds. Chemical bonds cannot exist at high temperatures, so that they are common in planets and other comparatively cool parts of the universe, including interstellar space, but only in the coolest stars, where chemical bonds produce distinctive spectra, especially in the infrared.
- The uniting of two or more items by means of a force or substance.
- The uniting of two or more items so that they function as one.
- The forming of a unit between atoms by means of sufficient attractive forces.
- The electrically interconnecting objects so that they have the same potential.
Not what you were looking for?