- noun a failure of a system or organisation
- noun the separation of a substance into its component parts
- A failure to function, or a sudden change resulting in a failure to function.
- A disruptive electrical discharge through an insulator, dielectric, or other material separating circuits. Also called puncture (1).
- A disruptive electrical discharge between the electrodes of an electron tube.
- A substantial and abrupt increase in electric current produced by a small increase in voltage. Also called electric breakdown (1).
- In a semiconductor exposed to an electric field, the cumulative multiplication of free charge carriers. Also called avalanche breakdown.
Not what you were looking for?