- noun a square shape displayed on a screen that will carry out a particular action if selected with a pointer or keyboard
- A knob, disk, or the like, which is pressed to activate or operate a circuit, device, component, machine, and so on. For instance, a button may be pressed to activate an electric circuit. A button may also be virtual, as seen when a computer mouse presses such a button on-screen by clicking the mouse. Also called pushbutton.
- A small piece of metal alloyed to a semiconductor wafer to form a junction. Also called dot (3).
- In a carbon microphone, a container that holds carbon granules. Also called carbon button, or microphone button.
- On a computer mouse, a surface which is pressed, or clicked, to select objects, perform functions, or the like. Also called mouse button.
Not what you were looking for?