- A loudspeaker in which a flexible metal diaphragm and a rigid plate form a two-plate air capacitor. The mechanical vibration of its thin sound-producing diaphragm is produced by electrostatic fields produced between it and a rigid plate, each with a high audio voltage applied to them. Also called capacitor loudspeaker, capacitive speaker, capacitive loudspeaker, condenser speaker, or electrostatic speaker.
- synonym capacitive loudspeaker
- synonym capacitive speaker
- synonym capacitor loudspeaker
- synonym condenser loudspeaker
- synonym condenser speaker
Not what you were looking for?