- noun a separate unit or section of something larger
- noun a fixed-length packet of data, e.g. one in the ATM system containing 53-octets of data
- The mechanical housing used to hold a telescope mirror or lens. For cells in a different astronomical sense.
- A single unit which converts chemical, thermal, nuclear, or solar energy into electrical energy. For example, a solar cell, or a voltaic cell. Also called electric cell, or energy cell.
- A cell (1) within a battery. Cell and battery are commonly used interchangeably, although a battery consists of more than one cell.
- In computers, an elementary unit of storage, such as a binary cell.
- A unit where numbers, data, or formulas may be placed in a spreadsheet. It is formed by the intersection of a column and a row.
- A small compartment or cavity.
- In cellular telephony, a geographical area with coverage provided by a cell site.
- In ATM communications, a unit of transmission consisting of 53 bytes, of which 48 are payload and 5 are overhead.
- In communications, a unit of transmission consisting of a fixed size or length.
Not what you were looking for?