- The coming together, touching, union, or junction of surfaces or objects.
- The junction of two conductors, so that current may flow. Also called electric contact (1).
- A part or device which serves to open or close an electric circuit. Such a part or device may or may not act with another part or device. For instance, a blade, metal strip, button, switch, or relay. Also called electric contact (2).
- The establishment of a communication.
- In radars, the initial detection of a scanned object.
Not what you were looking for?