- noun a program instruction which directs a program somewhere, e.g. to another branch
- noun a program instruction which directs an electronic central processing unit to provide controlling actions or controls the actions of a central processing unit
- A computer statement which controls the flow of execution of a program. For instance, an IF-THEN statement.
- synonym control instruction
- A computer instruction utilized to control data, programs, or hardware devices. For instance, an instruction pertaining to the operation of a peripheral. Also called control statement (2).
Not what you were looking for?