- noun the action of directing or working in a specific way
- verb to make a machine, system or procedure work in a specific way
- A circuit, device, component, piece of equipment, signal, mechanism, or system, or a combination of these, that operates, regulates, or manages. For instance, a control panel.
- The operating, regulating, or managing effect a circuit, device, component, piece of equipment, signal, or system has.
- The means by which a control system maintains the desired output.
- A single factor or variable which is varied in two or more experiments in which the remaining factors and variables are held constant. This is done to better determine the influence of the factor or variable in question.
- An object appearing on a computer screen, such as a push-button or scroll bar, which helps perform an action in a program.
Not what you were looking for?