- A circuit or device that changes DC voltage to AC voltage. Frequently, the output voltage is much higher than that of the input. Used, for instance, in uninterruptible power supplies. Also called DC-AC inverter, DC inverter, inverter (1), or static inverter.
- synonym DC inverter
- synonym DC-AC inverter
- synonym DC-to-AC inverter
- synonym direct-current-alternating-current converter
- synonym direct-current-alternating-current inverter
- synonym direct-current-to-alternating-current converter
- synonym direct-current-to-alternating-current inverter
Not what you were looking for?