- noun a situation when something happens later than planned
- The time interval between two events.
- The time interval an event is postponed. Also, the act of postponing.
- The time interval between the sending or emitting of a signal, and its reception or detection.
- The time interval necessary for a signal to pass through a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, or medium. This includes any additional time the signal is retarded, as with the use of a delay line.
- The time interval between the instants at which a given point of a wave passes through two specified points of a transmission medium.
- The time interval between the powering on of a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, or system, and its starting to operate.
Not what you were looking for?