- noun a difference from what is usual or expected
- noun the act of moving away from the usual position or path
- noun a magnetic compass error caused by magnetic influences in the structure and equipment of the aircraft in which it is formed
- noun the difference between one value in a series and the average of all the values
- divergence from an expected value or result. For example, the difference between an observed value and a theoretical one.
- In frequency-modulation, the maximum difference between the instantaneous frequency of the modulated wave, and the frequency of the unmodulated carrier. Also called frequency deviation (2).
- In optics, the angle between the ray incident on an object and the ray emerging from it. This angle can be due to refraction, reflection, or diffraction. Also called deviation angle, or angle of deviation.
Not what you were looking for?