- A TV system which employs digital encoding in the transmission and reception of TV signals. Before transmission, signals are digitally compressed, to incorporate picture and sound of superior quality. This information is decompressed by the receiving device before viewing. direct broadcast satellite systems, for instance, use this technology. Also called digital TV system.
- A device, such as a TV receiver, which is compatible with digital TV (1). An example of such a device is an HDTV receiver.
- acronym DTV
- synonym digital television
- synonym digital advanced television
- synonym digital advanced television system
- synonym digital television system
Not what you were looking for?