- noun (written as DIP)a standard layout for an integrated circuit package using two parallel rows of connecting pins along each side.
- To immerse briefly in a liquid, so as to coat or saturate, as in dip coating.
- An angle or slant in reference to a horizontal plane.
- For a given location on the surface of the earth, the angle between the horizontal plane and the direction of the lines of force of the earth's magnetic field. Dip is 0° at the magnetic equator and 90° at each of the magnetic poles. Also called magnetic dip, magnetic inclination, or inclination (2).
- acronym for dual in-line package (written as DIP)
Not what you were looking for?