- noun the action of releasing waste material into the environment
- noun waste material, such as that from an industrial process or in the form of sewage, that is passed into the environment
- noun the rate of flow of a liquid in a channel
- verb to flow into a lake or the sea
- verb to pass waste material into the environment
- The liberation or escape of stored or accumulated energy, especially electric charge.
- The diminishing or removal of an electric charge stored or accumulated in a body, such as a battery or capacitor, which is being depleted. Also called electric discharge (1).
- The passage of an electric current through a medium, such as a space or air. A spark is an example of such a discharge. Also called electric discharge (2).
- The conversion of electrical energy into chemical energy within a battery or cell.
Not what you were looking for?