- noun a break in a layer of rock, caused by a fault or erosion
- noun a band in the interior of the earth which separates two layers and through which seismic shocks do not pass
- The condition or characteristic of not being continuous.
- The condition in which a circuit does not have a continuous and complete path for the flow of current.
- An abrupt change in a medium or a body. For instance, a point at which the impedance of a transmission line rapidly changes.
- In a waveguide, an abrupt change in shape which results in reflections. Also called waveguide discontinuity.
Not what you were looking for?