- noun the act of going out of shape or of putting something out of shape
- The failure of a circuit, device, component, or system to accurately reproduce at its output the essential characteristics of its input.
- Any undesired changes in the waveform of a signal passing through a circuit, device, or transmission medium. Also, the extent of such changes. Examples include amplitude, harmonic, intermodulation, and phase distortion. Also called waveform distortion.
- Any undesired changes occurring in a reproduced image, as compared to the original image. An example is optical distortion. Also called image distortion.
- Any undesired changes in the waveform of a wave, especially an acoustic wave.
Not what you were looking for?