- A realm of expertise, knowledge, or activity, such as electronics.
- Within a ferromagnetic substance, a region in which the atomic or ionic magnetic moments are aligned in the same direction. Such a domain may be used, for in-stance, to store a bit as a 1 or a 0 on a magnetic tape or disk. Also called magnetic domain, or ferromagnetic domain.
- Within a ferroelectric substance, a region whose electric moments are aligned in the same direction.
- In database management, all the possible values for a given attribute.
- On the Internet, one of the one of the main registration categories, such as .com, .net, .org, .edu, .gov, or country designators, such as. de for Germany. It consists of no less than two letters, and appears at the end of a domain name, as in the .com portion of www.yipeeee.com. Also called top-level domain.
- In a network, a collection of resources which are administered as a unit.
Not what you were looking for?