- noun (written as Earth)the planet on which human beings developed and live
- verb to connect an electrical device to the ground
- (written as Earth)The third planet of the solar system and the only one known to house life, the Earth is also remarkable for its seas of liquid water and its oxygen-bearing atmosphere and for being very geologically active. The Earth’s equatorial radius is 6 378km, about a third of a percent more than its polar radius because of the Earth’s rotation. About 4 500 million years old, like the other planets, the Earth rotates on its axis in a day, orbits the Sun in a year and has a satellite, the Moon, which orbits it once per lunar month.
- The planet earth. Also, the surface of said planet, especially the land portion.
- synonym electrical ground
Not what you were looking for?