electric field strength
- Within an electric field, a vector representing the force per unit charge acting upon a given point. Usually expressed in volts per meter, which is equivalent to newtons per coulomb. Its symbol is E. Also called electric field intensity, electric field (2), electric intensity, electric force, electric vector (2), or electric field vector.
- synonym electric field intensity
- synonym electric field vector
- synonym electric force
- synonym electric intensity
- synonym electric vector
- synonym electrical field strength
- In an electromagnetic field, the vector representing the electric field. The electric vector is perpendicular to the magnetic, or H, vector. Also called E vector.
Not what you were looking for?