- A material or enclosure which blocks the effects of external electric and/or magnetic fields. It may consist, for instance, of a magnetic metal screen, or a grounded enclosure. Used, for example, to help minimize or prevent the effects of external electromagnetic interference. Also called electromagnetic screen (1), or electromagnetic shield (1).
- An electromagnetic shielding (1) which serves to confine electric and/or magnetic fields within an enclosure. Used, for instance, to help minimize or prevent electromagnetic interference which may affect other devices or systems. Also called electromagnetic screen (2), or electromagnetic shield (2).
- The use of an electromagnetic shielding (1), or electromagnetic shielding (2).
- synonym electromagnetic screening
- synonym electromagnetic screen
Not what you were looking for?