- verb to obtain something such as information or data from a source
- verb to obtain something from a substance by a chemical or industrial process
- verb to take something such as a mineral out of the ground
- verb to remove the essence from a liquid
- To remove via a physical or chemical process. For instance, to utilize electrowinning to extract a metal from its molten ore.
- To remove one or more components from a complex signal. For example, in color TV, to extract the chrominance components from the chrominance signal.
- In computers, to remove items from a larger group, such as components of expressions, or to remove bits or characters from words.
- To decompress data, files, or the like.
Not what you were looking for?