- noun a feature that spoils the overall quality of something
- noun a change in the position of the rock layers of the Earth’s crust in response to stress, leading to earthquakes
- A defect in a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, or system, which impairs operation significantly or that causes a failure. Also, a failure caused by such a defect.
- In a component or circuit, a defect such as a short circuit, an open circuit, or an unintentional ground. Also, a failure caused by such a defect. Also called electrical fault.
- A defective region in a component, circuit, or device.
- An error or defect in computer software or hardware. Said especially of one which causes a failure. When such a fault is persistent, also called bug (1).
Not what you were looking for?