- A circuit or device whose input is at one frequency, and whose output is at another frequency.
- In a superheterodyne receiver, the stage at which the incoming modulated radio frequency signal is combined with the local oscillator, to produce a modulated intermediate frequency. Also called first detector, mixer (2), or mixer stage.
- A circuit or device which converts AC at one frequency to AC of another frequency.
- synonym frequency changer
- synonym frequency translator
- synonym first detector
Not what you were looking for?