- adjective (written as front-end)located at the start or most important point of a circuit or network
- noun (written as front-end)the visible part of an application that is seen by a user and is used to view and work with information
- In a client/server environment, the client part. The server part is the back end.
- In computers, that which provides a user interface. For instance, in an application it may be a GUI where data is entered and seen, as opposed to the processing tasks that are not readily apparent to a user.
- The first amplification stage of a receiver, such as a radio or TV receiver. May also refer to the first stages.
Not what you were looking for?