- noun the use or purpose of something or how it works
- noun a sequence of computer program instructions in a main program that perform a specific task
- verb to operate or perform correctly
- That which a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, or system is intended to do. Also, that which it does do.
- A mathematical expression in which a quantity depends one or more varying quantities. For example, the frequency response of an amplifier measures its behavior as a function of its input signal frequencies.
- Within a computer program, a small group of instructions which perform a given task. Also called subroutine (2), routine (1), or procedure (2).
- A function (3) which returns a value.
Not what you were looking for?