- noun a space between objects or points
- noun a difference between things or groups of things
- noun a period of time
- A separation, space, or break in continuity. For instance, an interruption in the flow of transmitted data.
- A narrow space separating components, electrodes, circuits, or devices. For example, that between contacts.
- A space of a nonmagnetic material, such as air, between magnetic components, circuits, devices, or materials. For instance, the opening between pole pieces in a tape head. Also called magnetic gap, magnetic air gap, or air gap (2).
- A region in which coverage, such as that of a transmitting antenna, is absent or below a given minimum. For example, a zone of inadequate coverage by a radar.
- A space between blocks of data on a magnetic storage device, such as a disk or tape.
Not what you were looking for?