- A device or barrier which regulates the passage of a signal, charge, pulse, fluid, and so on.
- A circuit or device which carries out a logic function or operation. Such a circuit or device has multiple inputs and one output. Its output will depend on specified input conditions, such as a given combination of states. The three basic gates are the AND, OR, and NOT gates. Also called gate circuit (1), or logic gate.
- A circuit which determines if another circuit works. Also called gate circuit (2).
- In a field effect transistor, the electrode which controls the flow of current through the channel. Small variations in the voltage applied to the gate result in large variations in the current passing through a field-effect transistor. The gate is analogous to the base of a bipolar junction transistor. Its symbol is G. Also called gate electrode.
- A control electrode in a device such as a field effect transistor or thyristor.
- symbol G
- symbol 230, equal to 1 073 741 824
Not what you were looking for?