- An attractive force which accelerates one body towards another, due to gravitation. The gravitational acceleration of the planet earth is equal to approximately 9.807 m/s2. Its symbol is G.
- The force which provides the mutual attraction of all matter in the universe. Its force carrier is postulated to be the graviton. The gravitational force is always attractive, and although it is the weakest of the four fundamental forces of nature, its range is theoretically infinite. The other three fundamental forces are the weak force, the electromagnetic force, and the strong force. Also called gravitation, or gravitational attraction.
- symbol G
- synonym gravitation force
- synonym gravitational attraction
- symbol 230, equal to 1 073 741 824
Not what you were looking for?