- adjective reaching far from ground level
- adjective of greater than average amount
- adjective at the top of something
- Having a great degree of a given magnitude, quantity, or characteristic. Also, having a greater degree of a magnitude, quantity, or characteristic relative to something else. For example, high energy, high voltage, high impedance, and so on.
- On the upper end of a given interval or spectrum. Also, that part of an interval or spectrum which is greater than another. For instance, the frequencies which a high-pass filter transmits, as opposed to those it blocks.
- In a binary operation, a 1, which also corresponds to on, as opposed to low, which corresponds to 0, or off.
Not what you were looking for?