• noun a cursor shaped like the letter ā€˜Iā€™ used in a graphical user interface to edit text or indicate text operations
  • On a computer screen, a cursor shaped similarly to a capital letter I. It is seen, for instance, when a mouse is moved over an area where text is to be entered. Also called I-beam pointer.

Not what you were looking for?