- noun something which shows the state of something else
- noun a substance which shows that another substance is present
- noun an organism whose presence or absence in an environment indicates conditions such as oxygen level or the presence of a contaminating substance
- A component, circuit, device, instrument, piece of equipment, machine, or mechanism which conveys information pertaining to a magnitude or quantity. Said especially when the information is communicated visually. There many examples, including meters, indicator lamps, gauges, monitors, and so on.
- A needle, dial, or other object which serves to convey information in a meter, gauge, or similar device or instrument.
- A device, instrument, or piece of equipment which displays the information obtained by another device, instrument, or piece of equipment. For instance, a radar display.
Not what you were looking for?