- noun the generation of an electrical current due to electromagnetic effects from a nearby source
- noun the process of changing the way in which an enzyme acts
- The generation or modification of electric fields, magnetic fields, voltages, or currents, through the influence of nearby entities.
- The generation of an electromotive force in a circuit or conductor caused by a change in the magnetic flux through said same circuit or conductor. Also called electromagnetic induction.
- The modification of the distribution of electric charge on an body as influenced by another nearby body which is charged. positive charges will induce a negative charges, and vice versa. Also called electrostatic induction.
Not what you were looking for?