- verb to cover something with an insulating material to protect against cold or to stop heat escaping
- The time interval that elapses between events which are considered together. Also, any such difference in phase, such as that between waves. For instance, a lag angle.
- The state or condition of lag (1) occurring. Also, that which lags. For example, a lagging current.
- To fall behind in general. Also, to stay behind.
- The time interval that elapses between the transmission of a signal and its reception.
- The time interval that elapses between a given action and its intended effect. For instance, the difference between a corrective action, and the change in the desired output.
- In a camera tube, the persistence of the electric image after a scene change.
Not what you were looking for?