- noun a position on a scale
- A relative position, degree, or intensity. For instance, a high-level programming language, a high voltage level, a sound pressure level, or the intensity of an electrical signal relative to a reference level.
- A given amplitude of a phenomenon. For example, a given voltage, resistance, or volume level.
- That which maintains itself at a steady value. For instance, a signal of fixed amplitude.
- An amplitude which serves as a reference level. For example, a pressure of 20 micropascals, which is assigned a value of 0 decibels, and which provides a reference for determining the relative intensity of sounds.
- To place or set on the same level as something else. For instance, to equalize.
- parallel to a horizontal surface, such as the ground.
Not what you were looking for?