line sync pulse
- The pulse which synchronizes the line-by-line scanning of a TV receiver with that of a TV transmitter. When synchronized, the relative position of the electron beam in the picture tube is the same as that of the scanning beam in the camera tube. In a TV system, such a pulse is transmitted at then end of each line, and triggers horizontal retracing and horizontal blanking. It is an abbreviation of line synchronization pulse, or line synchronizing pulse. Also called line synchronization signal, line synchronizing signal, or horizontal sync pulse.
- synonym line synchronization pulse
- synonym line synchronization signal
- synonym line synchronizing pulse
- synonym line synchronizing signal
Not what you were looking for?