- verb to make a piece of wire or tape into a circle
- A closed signal path. For example, a continuous circuit, or a feedback control loop.
- A group or combination of branches or components which form a closed current path in an electric network. Also called mesh (1).
- In a standing wave system, a point of maximum amplitude or displacement. For example, a maximum of voltage or current. Also called antinode (1).
- In a vibrating system, a point of maximum amplitude or displacement. Also called anti-node (2).
- A small loop of wire inserted into a waveguide or cavity resonator, which allows energy to be transferred in or out. Also called coupling loop.
- A pair of wires, or its equivalent, extending from a telephone central office to the premises of a customer. Also called local loop, local line, line loop, subscriber loop, or subscriber line.
- A single turn within a coil.
- In computers, a set of statements or instructions which are executed repeatedly while a given condition exists.
- In computers, a set of statements or instructions which are executed a given number of times.
- A tape or reel whose ends have been spliced together, so as to provide uninterrupted play. Also called tape loop.
- A closed curve on a graph, such as a hysteresis loop.
- synonym local line
Not what you were looking for?