- noun a force that produces magnetic flux
- prefix one thousandth of a million millionth (10-15).
- The magnetic pressure that a source of magnetism provides. It is analogous to the electromotive force. It is commonly produced by a current flowing through a coil of wire, said force being proportional to the ampereturns. Another source of magnetomotive force is a magnetic body. Its abbreviation is mmf, its symbol is F, and it is usually expressed in ampere-turns, though gilberts are sometimes used. Also called magnetic potential difference, or magnetic pressure.
- symbol F
- abbreviation m.m.f.
- abbreviation mmf
- synonym magnetic potential difference
- synonym magnetic pressure
Not what you were looking for?