natural language processing
- The conversion of a natural language input into digital form, so that computers may understand and respond to it. Used, for instance, to convert words, phrases, and sentences spoken into a microphone into computer actions, or text which can be displayed, processed, saved, or printed. The term also applies to such processing of a written natural language text which is scanned. Its abbreviation is NL processing, or NLP. Also called natural language recognition, natural language understanding, or natural language comprehension.
- abbreviation NL processing
- acronym NLP
- synonym natural language comprehension
- synonym natural language recognition
- synonym natural language understanding
Not what you were looking for?