- adjective showing the light and dark areas of objects the opposite of how they are seen
- prefix nano- or x 10-9
- Of, or pertaining to, a quantity or value below zero. For instance, a temperature below 0 °C, or a negative number.
- Of, pertaining to, or the same as the charge or a multiple of the charge of an electron. For example, the minus one charge of a chlorine ion.
- Of, or pertaining to, a particle, material, or other entity which has an excess of electrons. For instance, an anion.
- Of, or pertaining to, a quantity, value, entity, phenomenon, or concept which is considered the opposite of an equivalent which would be described as positive. For example, a negative electrode, negative image, negative peak, negative pole, and so on.
- symbol N
- symbol for index of refraction, or refractive index.
- Unusual type of galaxy with extremely bright core, related to Seyfert galaxies and quasars
Not what you were looking for?