- verb to take a cover off something or to make a door open
- Discontinuous and/or broken. For instance, an open circuit does not have an uninterrupted path for current. A switch in the open position is the same as being off. Also, to make incomplete.
- To start or initiate. For instance, to open a program or window, or to establish a communications link.
- Said of a communications line or circuit which is available for use. Also, to make such a line or circuit available.
- Not forming a self-contained unit or system.
- Not blocking or otherwise obstructing. Also, to unblock.
- Having a space or gap, as opposed to not having such a space or gap. Also, to make a space or gap.
- A file which is being used or accessed at a given moment. Also, to open such a file.
- Accessible to all, or designed to work across different architectures or with varied products. For example, an open architecture. Also, to make accessible in this manner.
Not what you were looking for?