- noun a position in relation to a compass direction
- noun the process of locating something in relation to a compass direction
- The location or position of something relative to a point, direction, object, or the like. Also, the act of locating or positioning. For instance, the alignment of the magnetic particles on a magnetic tape, or the direction in which a vector, or a set of vectors point in.
- The location or position of a directional device. For instance, the direction a directional antenna or microphone is pointed in.
- The location or position of something relative to Cartesian axes, the markings of a compass, or the like.
- When there is a choice between landscape mode and portrait mode, the selected orientation.
Not what you were looking for?