- noun information or data that is transferred from a central processing unit or the main memory to another device such as a monitor, printer or secondary storage device
- That which is delivered by a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, or process, in response to an input. For instance, the work accomplished in exchange for an energy input.
- The energy, voltage, current, or other signal delivered or produced by a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, or process. For example, a voltage output taken from an electronic device. Also, to deliver or provide such a signal.
- The information which is generated by a computer after entering, receiving, processing, storing, or otherwise handling input data. Also, the generation or delivery of such information. A computer output may be, for instance, in the form of displayed images, printed pages, sounds, or data sent to peripherals or other computers linked via a network. Also called output data (1).
- The terminals of a component, circuit, device, or piece of equipment from which an output (2) is delivered. Also called output terminals.
- The hottest type of star, with surface temperatures of 30 000° to over 60 000°, so that almost all atoms at the surface are more or less heavily ionised. O type stars are rare because they have short lifetimes by comparison with the cooler members of the other spectral classes.
Not what you were looking for?