- noun an object or set of objects wrapped in a covering
- The enclosure in which a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, apparatus, or system, is housed. Also, to assemble, place or otherwise house that which is contained in such an enclosure.
- A set of items which are designed to work together for a given purpose. Unlike a kit, such a set does not necessarily require assembly.
- The housing, usually made of ceramic or plastic, surrounding an IC. The leads or metallic surfaces of the package are used for connection via plugging-in or soldering. Such packages are usually mounted onto printed circuit boards. Also called chip package, or IC package.
- A combination of application programs which are tailored to a given type of work, and which function especially well together. For example an office suite incorporating word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation, and communications programs. Also called software package (1), application suite, suite, or bundled software.
Not what you were looking for?